Here’s a short list of posts I want to recommend from my blog:
The same as with the movies I often recommend a lot of different TV series to everyone. So here’s a kind of a summary of the Best TV Shows Alive!
Here’re some of them in no particular order:
Very clever videos about art and politics. Analysis of songs, movies and just important subjects about life and society.
When I was younger. I thought that happiness is kinda vain, dull, not interesting at all.
Now I feel like happiness is about not taking yourself too seriously and accepting all the mess that’s happening inside.
Happiness is happening.
Social Media keeps people on my mind.
Every time I see your picture on Instagram I remember and think about you.
Yesterday I made a presentation about web development for Creative People in Florence fb group. Designers, illustrators, jewellers and other artists.
It is mostly about organizing your work and how to start your business online. Introduction to what web design is really about.
Love is acceptance and attention.
I want to summarize my thoughts about relationship anarchy.
You can read this article first for a good overview: Relationship Anarchy basics
0. It’s not exactly about polyamory or sex. As you can notice that famous article is written by a celibate aromantic asexual.
1. I never felt jealousy in my life. And believed that love should be pure as wishing someone to be happy. Like you love your child or a cat.
2. We have a lot of norms and stereotypes in the society of how you should live. And they can work for you. But also for a lot of people they don’t work and only make them unhappy.
3. The main point of Relationship Anarchy is to tell you that anything is okay as long as it is consensual. You can be in any kind of relationship you like as long as it works for you.
4. It’s very difficult for me to build hierarchies of who is my true friend and who is just an acquaintance. Who is a one night stand and who is a romantic partner for life. Every person is different for me and anything can happen.
So. It’s a theory for everyone as confused as I am. And at the same time for those who start to realize what they really want and need.
I feel like that being a little bit confused about life makes you just a little wiser.
I’ve started a cinema club in Florence and tonight was the second screening where we showed Love is the Devil, a movie about Francis Bacon. Before each movie I make a short introduction, and so here it is. Hope it gets you interested in watching this beautiful film.
Last time we watched here The Cabinet of Doctor Caligari. One of the best examples of german expressionism. And today here’s a different, but also an expressionist movie.
Francis Bacon didn’t like labels, when he was called an expressionist. But still his works have a lot in common with expressionism and surrealism. Deformed bodies and faces against empty, deserted backgrounds…
(Joseph Brodsky, 1976. translated by author)
“He has not returned to his old Florence,
even after having died . . . ”
The doors take in air, exhale steam; you, however, won’t
be back to the shallowed Arno where, like a new kind
of quadruped, idle couples follow the river bend.
Doors bang, beasts hit the slabs. Indeed,
the atmosphere of this city retains a bit
of the dark forest. It
is a beautiful city where at certain age
one simply raises the collar to disengage
from passing humans and dulls the gaze.